"If a man seduces a virgin who is not betrothed, and sleeps with her, he will pay his dowry and take her for a wife. If the father refuses to grant it, he will pay in cash the value of the dowry of the virgins ". Brother, the context of this word of Scripture is clear: it is when a man seduces an unfinished virgin, and sleeps with her, that he must pay the dowry, in order to take her for a wife. " I insist ! "
The payment of the dowry is conditioned by two things:
- 1. The girl must be an unfinished virgin.
- 2. The man has to sleep with her.
What do we see today in churches?
Most women who want to be endowed, or endowed, are no longer virgins. Often, it is women who have had children from their first marriage who demand their endowment.
Let's take an example : a woman has already had children, before being at Manna Fraiche. And a brother, who has also made children with another woman, before being at La Manne Fraîche, wants to marry this woman ...
- Should he pay the dowry?
- If so, on what basis should he pay the dowry?
- And on what basis should we pay the dowry of a girl already déviergée by someone else ??
According to the Exodus Word of Exodus 22.16, it is when one seduces a virgin not fiancee, and that one sleeps with it, that one pays one's dowry. There are people who have taken widows as their wives, and who have paid their dowries. On what biblical basis did they pay the dowry?
Looking closely at the Exodus Word of Scripture 22.16, we realize that the payment of the dowry comes after a case of fornication. If one has to pay the dowry, in order to take for woman, the virgin not fiancee with whom one has slept, it means that at the moment of the act, one is not husband and wife. It is therefore a case of immodesty. It is not because he did not pay dowry that he committed fornication; but because he has committed immodesty, he must pay the dowry to be able to take for woman, the unfinished virgin. Here Scripture speaks only of an un-fianceed virgin.
But you agree with me that one can also seduce a virgin engaged, and sleep with her.
- In this case, should one pay the dowry, and take it for a wife?
- Did Moses, the prophet, pay the dowry before taking Zipporah for his wife?
- No. According to the law of Moses, under the old covenant, if a man seduces an unmarried virgin and sleeps with her, he pays his dowry to take her for a wife.
- What about the new alliance ??
- The apostles and prophets of the Lord have never spoken of the payment of the dowry.
The payment of the dowry is not a particular doctrine in the Church of God of Israel. I don't make it a particular doctrine either.
I do not forbid paying the dowry either. Because I want to honor the parents who want to pay the dowry of their daughters.
In Exodus 22.17, it is written in Scripture: "If the father refuses to grant it to him, he will pay in money the value of the dowry of the virgins. " You see ! The father of the girl has the right to say no to marriage. If he does not agree, if he does not want to give his daughter in marriage, the man who slept with her, pays in money the value of the dowry of the virgins. As you can see, the dowry is paid in money, according to this Word of Scripture.
The dowry of the virgins is paid in money. This dowry is paid when the father refuses to give his daughter in marriage, after she has had sex, while she was virgin and un-fiance.
If I stick strictly to the Exodus Word 22.16 - 17, I can say that there are only two cases where we can pay the dowry:
- First case : it is when a man seduces a virgin girl not fiancee, and sleeps with her.
- Second case: it is when the father of the unfinished virgin girl with whom we slept refuses to give her in marriage.
If the father agrees to give her in marriage, the dowry is paid. If he refuses, one pays the dowry of the virgins. In the first case, one pays the dowry after having slept with a virgin not fiancée.
- It's the Word. Should we pay the dowry if we sleep with a virgin not fiancee ??
- Should we pay the dowry when we have not slept with the virgin not fiancee ??
- Should we pay the dowry of a woman who has already had sex with a man before marriage?
- Should we pay the dowry of a widowed woman we want to marry ??
- I know in churches you are told to pay dowry. It's good. But what is the biblical basis on which to pay the dowry in the cases mentioned above?
- You, who paid the dowry of a widow, on what basis did you do it?
- You who paid the dowry of a woman who knew other men, and who had children, on what basis did you do it ??
Chers Friends, if someone wants to get married, he pays the dowry of the woman he wants to marry. But let him not be told that if he does not pay the dowry, he will go to hell, or live in sin. If someone already lives with a woman, before meeting Manne Fraiche, he pays the dowry of his wife. But let him not be told that he lives in sin, because he has not yet paid the dowry.
It is not the dowry that makes the Christian marriage, but the revelation of the word of the Lord. In 1 Corinthians 7, the Apostle Paul speaks of marriage. And this, under the new covenant. And nowhere did he mention dowry in Christian marriage. According to the law of Moses, the dowry is paid for a virgin not fiancee, and if the father of this virgin not fiancee refuses to give her in marriage. Even if one wanted to apply this law of Moses in the Church of God of Israel, there would be a lot of problems to solve.
Because this law speaks only of the virgin not fiancee. She does not speak of the virgin bride, nor of the woman déviergéeneither of the widow nor of the woman who has already had children. This is the cool manna. God bless you ! Do not make dowry a particular doctrine, and do not prevent people from paying it.
Similarly,Eve, the wife of the first Adam, went to her husband, likewise, the spiritual Eve, the Bride will go to the heavenly Spouse in the clouds. All this, without the least dowry payment ... Let's be aware and stay blessed!