" The debate is open ! »
- The first is that the "Ethnic" statistics (as much to say racial) are banned in France because they would be likely to fuel racism by tagging citizens or residents according to their color (which may not be without the police, at least under the pretext of better identifying the people wanted ...)
- The second remark is that the definition of Afro-French poses a problem. If we retain the phenotype, we can say that we are an Afro-French as long as we can be perceived as such, roughly until the third generation in case of interbreeding in each generation.
Take the example of Dumas. Considering that Cesette, the mother of General Dumas, was from 1ère generation, that his son (mixed due to the union of Cesette with the Marquis de La Sequin, Euro-French) was from the 2nd, and Alexandre Dumas (son of General Dumas and a Euro-Frenchwoman from Villers-Cotterêts) of the 3rd, we notice that Alexandre Dumas the writer, because of his phenotype, was perceived as an Afro-descendant, but that this was not the case for his son (Alexandre Dumas, son) who, blond with blue eyes, could pass for a euro-descendant (This did not prevent him from asserting himself as Afro-descendant, but that was a choice.)
- The third remark is that another question arises: Should we or should not count among the Afro-French non-naturalized residents (in order or not).
These remarks being made, we can estimate very roughly that in hexagonal France, there would be at least 1 Afro-French from the French overseas territories. (about 1/3 for each generation), 10 Haitians, and 000 from sub-Saharan Africa (taking into account non-naturalized people whether they are in good standing or not) or a total of 3 Afro-French for the hexagonal France.
- We can add to this figure 1 French Afro-descendants residing in the Overseas Territories and 200 Haitians.
- In total, probably at least 4 Afro-French, or about 350% of the French population.
- Among these Afro-French, more than half of French from overseas or from overseas, and therefore at least 3,3% of descendants of slaves.